Memrise is creating learning tech that transforms people’s ability to learn languages. Our goal is to teach people to be confident in a new language after 50 hours of study - about 10x as fast as live classes.
We have just won Google Play’s “Best App 2017” award - the first time a learning app has won the award. We’ve got over 20M users and we’re the fastest growing and highest rated learning app in the world.
Memrise is a uniquely visual, vivacious, joyful learning experience. We combine 10s of 1000s of snap-chat style micro videos of native speakers with delightfully scripted chatbots and hilarious mnemonics to engage people and help them learn.
As a part of the Product team, you will be working on multiple cross functional, creative, yet user and business minded projects. Your work will communicate the the joy and excitement of language learning with our millions of users.
As a Memrise Product Designer you will work on:
- Features from conceptual ideas to final visual design across multiple platforms for web and mobile.
- Design at any stage - from iterating on an existing feature to solving new design problems
- Designing flows and interfaces that are simple, effective and delightful, at award winning level
- Helping product managers and engineers to define the long-term roadmap and short-term improvements for our product
- Developing and improving the design process
You could be great for this role if you:
- Are an expert in visual design, have deep understanding of designing user interaction flows
- Have experience in designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, cultural behaviours etc)
- Have an impressive portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with detailed descriptions of your process, role and contribution
- Can think systematically, establish and follow frameworks, guidelines and patterns
- Enjoy working with other designers in a team environment and raising the design thinking standard throughout the company
- Are familiar with prototyping tools and have a thing for beautiful motion design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent
- Have deep, relevant experience in visual design of digital products that have been released to market.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with a profile and portfolio.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits. You'll get to work the people in this video: