Senior Product Manager
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google I/O Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 60 (and 40+ languages spoken).
We are looking for a Product Manager to help us grow even bigger and teach millions more people a new language! Your mission will be to help create the most effective and engaging language learning product in the world.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for a significant area within the product team
- Leverage data, language research, and user research to inform product decisions
- Oversee product features from concept, prototype, specification, design, launch, and iteration phases
- Manage and lead a dedicated squad of Engineers and Designers
- Coordinate and consult with other teams regarding product requirements
- Define success metrics and be accountable for them
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Experience in product management
- Fluent in best practices of mobile/web growth, retention, and monetisation, preferably in a consumer product market
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with both extremely creative and methodological people
- Proven track record of leading a team and delivering successful results
- Understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Familiarity and/or interest in data science and machine learning
- Experience running A/B tests
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Passion for languages and creating new ways to learn them
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8