Software Engineer - iOS
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
We work closely with Apple’s teams, are regularly featured in the App Store and were mentioned in this year’s WWDC Keynote. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 70, speaking over 40 languages!
With ever growing traction, a strong business model and a plan to double the engineering team in the next 10 months, we are looking for highly motivated engineers to take Memrise’s iOS app to the next level.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Experience writing well-tested production code in Swift
- Exposure to and willingness to work with existing Objective-C code
- Have an eye for detail regarding UI and usability
- Have great collaboration and communication skills
- Have an awareness of tools and techniques used in delivering high-quality iOS applications
- Eager to learn (languages, techniques, technologies, architectures, processes)
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing Objective-C
- Experience with other platforms (Android, web, etc)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Interest in / experience with Reactive Programming (RxSwift)
- Experience public speaking or other community engagement
Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8