Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 56 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re looking for a Growth Marketer to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning. Your mission will be to exponentially grow the number of learners on Memrise by working on the following in the Growth team:
1) Managing paid user acquisition flow funnels from discovery to the first action with the app/website
2) Coordinating activities with the rest of growth marketing team
3) Data-driven planning, owning and reporting regular growth marketing experiments.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Grow customer acquisition, ROI and improve LTV/CAC for PPC ads, display ads, remarketing and any other paid media campaigns. Understand life time value principles and implement tactics that drives LTV up for paid media.
- Monitor, optimise and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Identify new partner, platform, and optimisation opportunities to drive campaign performance.
- Manage 3rd party agency resources/relationships.
- Develop test plans, measure performance, and make recommendations based on testing.
- Work with design and localisation teams to support international campaigns.
- Identify the highest impact testing opportunities, prioritise, execute, track results and communicate to growth, marketing and product teams.
- Daily, weekly, and quarterly budget forecasting and reporting of results.
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Strong analytical skills, ability to compile, analyse and make decisions off large datasets
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven expertise in media/advertising across digital channels (search, social, display, retargeting, etc.)
- Experience with ad management interfaces and bidding tools (Google, Bing, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Programmatic Ad Tech platforms)
- Experience in performance marketing optimizations, experiments and execution
- Proven track record in quantitative/problem solving environment
- Experience in targeting international markets and non-English speaking audience
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with both extremely creative and methodological people
- Proven experience in collaborating across marketing, product, and technical functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials, weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8