Senior Marketing Analyst
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
To further this, we're looking for a Senior Analyst to drive high quality analysis in our Marketing Team. You’ll help us understanding the performance of our experiments on different platforms and your work will have a significant impact on our growth.
About the team
This role is part of the Data and Insight team, a central group of analysts and data scientist that work closely with the rest of Memrise to optimise our offering. We're a highly quant and technically savvy team, always looking to learn new ways of doing things. We're looking for smart people with great data skills who want to make a difference to the business.
In this role you will
- Gain overall understanding of our offering and areas that need optimisation
- Coach junior analysts, including supporting analysts in delivery of complex projects
- Manage delivery of regular insight to metric owners
- Work with key stakeholders on prioritisation of analysis
- Manage stakeholders - run weekly meeting
- Define the project management of complex analysis
- Use and drive best practice in analysis, data presentation and tool usage
- Work closely with metric owners to agree measures and evaluation methods
- Help to design and later evaluate the outcomes of experiments
- Perform exploratory analysis to identify areas for improvements within the Memrise ecosystem
- Tell stories with data - Communicating insight in engaging and compelling ways
- Take the lead on reporting and issues notification on top level marketing measures
We're looking for someone who
- Has a strong track record of delivering high quality analysis that materially improves marketing performance
- Has experience analysing marketing data across different platforms
- Has a strong track record of influencing senior stakeholders and high-level decision making thanks to the powerful insights their analysis has provided
- Is excellent at communicating data findings to senior audiences and non quant audiences
- Knows how to ensure senior stakeholders to being data driven in their thinking and decision making
- Has experience coaching junior analysts and loves sharing their knowledge and upskilling their colleagues
- Thrives in dynamic, collaborative environments, without a lot of process and procedure holding them back
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Regular Hackathons
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.
Salary: £60,000 - 75,000 + benefits
Closing Date: January 18th