Head of Content
Memrise is creating learning tech that transforms people’s ability to learn languages. Our goal is to teach people to be confident in a new language after 50 hours of study - about 10x as fast as live classes.
We have just won Google Play’s “Best App 2017” award - the first time a learning app has won the award. We’ve got over 20M users and we’re the fastest growing and highest rated learning app in the world.
Memrise is a uniquely visual, vivacious, joyful learning experience. We combine 10s of 1000s of snap-chat style micro videos of native speakers with delightfully scripted chatbots and hilarious mnemonics to engage people and help them learn.
Your Long term Mission: make sure anyone who speaks any language can find incredible content on Memrise to teach them the language they want to learn: words & phrases, grammar explanations, videos, audio etc.
You’ll be reporting directly to the founders. Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Experience managing brand presence across a range of languages and countries
- Experience managing large teams of content creators, writers or translators
- A deep understanding of app and web localisation
- Expertise in defining content creation guidelines
- Experienced with working in a technically driven environmen
- Great attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Excellent organisational skills
- A passion for languages and language learning is an advantage
- Bonus points if you have used Memrise or are a current user!
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8