Senior Analyst - Business
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
To further this, we're looking for a Senior Analyst to drive high quality strategic decision making at Memrise. You’ll be the main liaison with the leadership team so you can generate ideas, insights and reports that will drive business decisions at Memrise.
Why are we hiring?
We are building a new business and strategy analysis function, where you'll work together with leaders across Memrise to understand how the business is working, where it can be improved and what the right next step is. This is the first hire in this area, which gives you the opportunity to have a huge impact on our work, and to build a complete understanding of the key problems that need solving.
About the team
This role is part of the Data and Insight team, a central group of analysts and data scientist that work closely with the rest of Memrise to optimise our offering. We're a highly quant and technically savvy team, always looking to learn new ways of doing things. We're looking for smart people with great data skills who want to make a difference to the business.
In this role you will
- Directly influence the strategic direction of a high growth business
- Work closely and cross functionally with senior stakeholders, ensuring their decisions are data driven
- Be the data link between different functions in the business
- Have an overall understanding of our offering and areas that need optimisation
- Coach junior analysts, including supporting analysts in the delivery of complex projects
- Work closely with metric owners to agree measures and evaluation methods
- Manage the delivery of regular insight to metric owners
- Work with Head of Studio, COO and CMO on prioritisation of analysis
- Define the project management of complex analysis
- Use and drive best practice in analysis, data presentation and tool usage
- Perform exploratory analysis to identify areas for improvements within the Memrise app/website
- Tell stories with data, communicating insight in engaging and compelling ways
We're looking for someone who
- Has a strong track record of delivering high quality analysis
- Has a strong track record of influencing senior stakeholders and high-level decision making thanks to the powerful insights their analysis has provided
- Is excellent at communicating data findings to senior audiences and non quant audiences
- Knows how to ensure senior stakeholders to being data driven in their thinking and decision making
- Is able to work cross functionally and make connections across different silos of the business
- Has experience in company wide reporting
- Has experience coaching junior analysts and loves sharing their knowledge and upskilling their colleagues
- Thrives in dynamic, collaborative environments, without a lot of process and procedure holding them back
And as an extra bonus
- Has a consulting background
- Loves learning languages
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Regular Hackathons
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.