QA Test Engineer
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
Aligned to our successful first 8 years we are looking to increase the size of our QA team, with an opportunity to have real impetus on new features within the App. The Tester coming into the team should be confident writing comprehensive test cases based on provided specifications, and actively engage in feature meetings and provide feedback on limitations of the app/ limitations in testing (edge cases need to be documented and accounted for before the feature is fully developed)
- An understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Documenting test cases using a test case management system
- Experience With Web-Based Testing Applications
- Experience With Mobile Testing Applications
- Identify, Isolate and Track Bugs Throughout Testing
- Solid Understanding of QA Testing Environments
- Thorough Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
- Work Closely With Development and Product Teams
- Experience testing both mobile and web applications
Nice to have;
- Android Studio Experience
- Charles Proxy
- Gaming exp.
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Team lunches recklessly often
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.