Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level. To further this, we are looking for a QA Analyst to join the team.
Memrise QA Analysts work in cross-functional squads focused on a specific aspects of the product, for example Learning or Engagement. Each squad has a Product Manager, a Designer, Mobile and Web Developers, Data Analysts and QA Analysts; people with different skill sets are working together to solve the same problem. Our squads are collaborative, innovative and small. Together, they test new ideas, launch and optimise new features and strive to give our users confidence in their language skills.
In this role you'll be the only QA Analyst in your squad, which will give you an in-depth understanding of the problems they are solving and the opportunity to have a huge impact on their work. We’ll need to be passionate about working closely with your squad to deliver high quality products from the outset. Our QA team is small and dynamic, with an emphasis on ownership, impact and people over processes.
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following
- Commercial experience with manual testing
- Good understanding of testing methodologies including UAT, system, integration and regression testing
- Experience in testing within an agile environment (SCRUM) and an understanding of where QA sits in that process
- Experience in the use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Understanding of BDD (behaviour driven testing) and given, when, then scenarios.
- Documenting test cases using a test case management system
- Experience With Web-Based Testing Applications
- Experience With Mobile Testing Applications
- Experience identifying, isolate and tracking bugs throughout testing
- Understanding of QA Testing Environments
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
- Work Closely With Development and Product Teams
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.