Talent Acquisition Specialist
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level. We're looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to attract and hire the people who will help us get there. The Memrise team is pretty awesome as it is. Your mission is to make it even bigger and better. In this stage of high growth, hiring awesome people is business critical. You'll work closely with hiring managers and have a huge impact across all teams.
In this role you will get to:
- Work with some of the most talented and awesome people you can find in London
- Be highly influential in growing the business from 80 to 150
- Build Memrise's Employer Brand
- Actively contribute to process improvement to ensure a fantastic candidate experience
- Be at the forefront of building the team and have the pleasure of attracting likeminded people through authentic, values driven recruitment
- You're an experienced in-house recruiter, who has ideally worked in a high stage growth company.
- You've taken care of recruitment in all stages of the cycle, from scoping the role to closing the candidate and everything in between.
- Whether it's product, tech or marketing, you're confident recruiting across a wide range of roles.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills that help you build rapport and trust with hiring managers.
- You're strategic and creative with your sourcing, able to find top candidates beyond Linkedin.
- You're authentic to your beliefs, and comfortable having uncomfortable conversations with hiring managers and candidates when needed.
- You understand what it means to recruit for values and not just for skills and experience.
Bonus points for
- Being specialised in tech recruitment.
- Having some agency recruitment experience.
- Speaking another language, or being multilingual.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Team lunches recklessly often
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8