Data Analyst - Product
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. We’re already profitable with a team of around 70, speaking over 40 languages!
We’re now looking to build our team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
To further this, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join the Product squad. Your mission is to analyse data from various sources to generate ideas, insights and reports that will drive Memrise’s product decisions, and ensure statistically sound methods are being used. Your work will impact millions of people and help them learn a new language.
Memrise data analysts work autonomously in product-oriented cross-functional squads. Our squads are collaborative, innovative and small. Together, they test new ideas, launch and optimise new features and strive to give our users confidence in their language skills. The data team is small and dynamic, with an emphasis on ownership, impact and people over processes. They work with Amazon Redshift, Looker, Segment and Jupyter Notebooks (among other things). Experience with any of these is a bonus, but we’re really looking for smart people that are effective with any technology.
Key Responsibilities & Reporting:
- Analyse and visualise language learning and engagement data, and generate insights leading to data informed product decisions
- Work closely with Product Managers to agree on key metrics and feature evaluation methods
- Help to design and later evaluate the outcomes of experiments with our learning modes and algorithms
- Perform exploratory analysis to identify areas for improvements within the Memrise app/website
- Develop hypotheses, work independently on testing them and share insights in a clear and compelling manner
- Troubleshooting any gaps, inconsistencies and discrepancies in data to make sure we work with accurate information
- Reports to Data team lead
- Good understanding of app centric metrics (conversions/retention, funnels, user journeys)
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience working with data analytics and visualisation tool
- Experience working with either Jupyter, R or MatLab, particularly with analytical, visualisation libraries (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib/Seaborn)
- Bonus: Knowledge or interest in linguistics/language teaching
- Bonus: Knowledge of statistics
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8
Salary: From £40,000 to £60,000 depending on experience + benefits