UX Researcher - Permanent
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level and User Research plays a key role in this. We’re looking for an experienced and curious UX researcher with a good product sense to join our team.
In this role you'll get to:
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies
- Plan and execute studies
- Facilitate the analysis and synthesis of research data into insights and product recommendations
- Manage and expand our participants panel
- Work collaboratively with product designers, product managers and cross-functional teams
- Communicate research findings to diverse audiences in compelling and creative ways
- At least 2 years experience in applied UX research
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology or other related fields
- Experience with different qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product development phase
- You are very organized, self-motivated and effective
- People describe you as approachable, patient and easy to talk to
- You’re both a fantastic listener and great at asking meaningful and impactful questions
- You have great attention to detail – you notice what confuses people even if they don’t describe it themselves
- You take into account psychology and set up, you don’t make it feel forced or conceited. Participants are put at ease and their behaviour is as natural as possible.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Quarterly hackathons to experiment new ideas
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day), snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day) and a startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.