User Research Lead
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 56 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re looking for a User Research Lead to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning. You will lead the User Research team and ensure that Memrise gets to the heart of what our users need. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Engineers to define research problems and execute research studies to solve them.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Identify the most pressing needs of our users and prioritise research accordingly
- Define, manage, and run research projects from end to end
- Analyse and translate research into meaningful and actionable insights and user experience recommendations
- Contribute new research techniques, methods, and ways of working that the team can learn from
- Line manage and mentor junior members of the team, inspiring them to new creative heights
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Experience working as a user experience researcher on digital products and conducting user research studies end-to-end
- Expertise in a wide variety of research methodologies and an ability to apply them on problems of different sizes and scopes
- Ability to communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways
- Strong understanding of the Jobs to Be Done framework
- Strong understanding of the psychological basis of user research
- Passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with Product Managers and Designers
- Experience on both desktop and mobile products
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials, weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8