Data Scientist - Growth
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 56 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our Data team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
Your mission will be to analyse data from various sources to generate ideas, insights and reports to be used for driving Memrise’s growth, and ensure statistically sound methods are being used. (Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits).
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Analyse and visualise structured data to help drive business decisions at all levels
- Help to design and later evaluate the outcomes of split tests and other experiments to for better business and revenue related decision making
- Work closely with Product Managers to agree on metrics and evaluation methods
- Define user journeys and attributes, and write programs to automatically target the right audience with personalised offers and experiences
- Perform exploratory investigations using Python, to identify areas for growth and improvements
- Build data culture in the company by introducing statistical concepts
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Good understanding of app centric metrics (conversions/retention, funnels, user journeys)
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Some programming experience, ideally in Python
- Expert SQL skills
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Attention to detail - methodological
- Highly responsible
- Bonus points for an interest in languages and learning
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8