Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 70, speaking over 40 languages!
We are looking for a friendly, organised and proactive individual to join our collaborative People team. You will ensure that all our processes are compliant, robust and most importantly useful. Your role is key and will contribute in making Memrise an outstanding place to work.
This role will report to the HR Manager and be responsible for the full range of administrative activities within the People team:
- Implementing and managing induction programme for new starters
- Draft from templates, issue and organise the execution of contractors’/freelancers’ paperwork
- Provide references for our current and past employees
- Administer Memrise benefits
- Create internal HR related documentation
- Track HR KPIs
- Maintain and update accurately of all HR records and systems
- Help the People Team on a variety of projects (onboarding, salary benchmarking, Health and Safety, L&D, events and candidate experience)
- Constantly reviewing and improving all admin processes and ways of working and communicating in your role, and ensuring they are always outstanding and user friendly
- Provide day-to-day HR support to all areas of the business
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Highly organised and efficient person who ‘gets it’ quickly and effectively
- High attention to detail
- Solid IT and systems skills (Gmail, Slack, Excel, Google drive...)
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise
- Friendly attitude and good communicator
- Can cope in a fast-paced environment and with inflexible deadlines
- A capable and confident 'multi tasker’
- Shows initiative, can think for themselves
- Passionate about HR
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’.
And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials, weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8