Designer - User Acquisition
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google I/O Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 60 (41 languages spoken).
We are looking for a creative designer for our User Acquisition squad to help us grow even bigger and teach millions more people a new language! Your mission will be to help people find Memrise, educate them about how cool and useful we are and get them to sign up.
You will work on designing really attractive stuff that millions of people will see across app stores, social media and other places all around the world. You’ll lead creative problem solving across design and messaging. You will be key in figuring out how to put our message across and get people to use Memrise as their language learning tool of choice. (Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 + benefits).
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Expertise in visual design, with a deep understanding of designing for first impression
- Experience designing for user acquisition; app store product pages, landing pages on web, conversion emails
- Experience in designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, cultural behaviours etc.)
- An understanding of experiments and testing in an iterative fashion for different audiences and designs
- Enjoy working with people from many disciplines in a team environment and raising the design thinking standard throughout the company
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Here’s a flavour of our current design on the Appstore and Google Play. Get in touch if you think you can help us improve!
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8