German Language Specialist (Freelance)
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google I/O Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of over 60 (and 40+ languages spoken).
We are looking for a German Language Specialist to help us grow even bigger and teach millions more people a new language! Your mission will be to ensure German content offered in our platform provides the most entertaining, authentic and engaging experience. Let your creativity flow to create the most joyful, useful and relevant content for our users.
The role is remote but you will be reporting to our in-house German specialist. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Localising & transcreating copy for your market across different media
- Proofreading & reviewing course content created by our internal team
- Co-creating content for our language courses across different media formats
- Discuss and implement feedback in already created content
- Participate in research projects and/or surveys
- Contribute to support our users responding to reviews in Stores and Forums
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Native level speaker and excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
- Language teaching experience (ideally teaching your language as a 2nd language) or delivering learning through tech
- Translation or Language/Linguistics degree
- Software localisation experience
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills
- Copywriting/Storytelling experience would be advantageous
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Avid Memrise user and passionate about language learning
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week