Japanese Language Specialist
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 70, speaking over 40 languages!
We are looking for a Japanese Language Specialist to help us grow even bigger and teach millions more people a new language! Your mission will to ensure Japanese content offered in our platform provides the most entertaining, authentic and engaging experience. Let your creativity flow to create the most joyful, useful and relevant content for our users.
We are looking for a native-level Japanese language specialist with experience in language teaching, translation, interpretation with a business management background.
This role will report to the Head of Content. If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Translate/transcreate web and in-app strings and marketing materials
- Do localisation testing
- Create language learning content for users learning Japanese
- Create language learning content for Japanese users learning other languages
- Localise support for Japanese users
- Proofread & review course content created by our internal team
- Co-create content for our language courses across different media formats
- Discuss and implement feedback in already created content
- Participate in research projects and/or surveys
- Support our users by responding to reviews in Stores and Forums
- Native-level Japanese speaker
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken
- Experience within language teaching
- Degree in Translation or Languages/Linguistics
- Experience in Interpreting
- Background in Business Management
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills
- Avid Memrise user and passionate about language learning
- Knowledge of Spanish and Chinese is a plus
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
Closing date: 5th July 2018