Product Manager - Revenue
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
To further this, we're looking for a Product Manager to join our Revenue Squad. Your mission is to grow the proportion and value of learners on Memrise that pay by analysing, iterating and devising new conversion and renewal mechanisms. You will improve and communicate the value of paying across platforms and ensure a coherent experience.
In this role you will
We're looking for someone with
- Experience in B2C product management
- Fluent in best practices of mobile/web growth, retention, and monetisation
- Good people skills, able to encourage great work with both extremely creative and methodological people
- Proven track record of leading a team and delivering successful results
- Understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Experience in running effective experiments and feature tests
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Nice to Have:
- Background in gaming, entertainment or ed-tech
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Passion for languages and creating new ways to learn them
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Regular Hackathons
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.