Senior Product Manager
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
Our goal is to become the world’s most entertaining learning app, and to achieve this we need the help of a Senior Product Manager. Your mission is improve our product in ways that benefit our users and our business; you'll do this by bringing great creativity, analytical insight and teamwork to the role. This is a unique opportunity to create a learning experience that fundamentally changes people’s minds and opens up their worlds. You'll be working with a talented team who is seriously committed to pushing the boundaries of what a language learning app can do. You'll be able to take what you have learnt and use it to change the world for the better.
Product at Memrise
The Product team at Memrise works in cross-functional squads, made of Designers, Developers and QA Analysts, led by a Product Manager. The squads are focused on a specific aspect of the product and people with different skill sets are working together to solve the same problem. Our squads are collaborative, innovative and small. Together, they test new ideas, launch and optimise new features and strive to give our users confidence in their language skills.
- Prioritise the work of the squad to deliver towards a long-term vision
- Provide leadership and help forge a strong team ethic, stay flexible and embrace change
- Employ excellent analytical sense and appropriate experimental methodologies to define, explore and inform solutions to product needs
- Collaborate with other squads to deliver effective work towards the larger product vision
- Meet business objectives and targets while delighting our users
- Deliver autonomous work in great alignment with the needs of the larger organisation
We're looking for someone with
- Experience in B2C product management
- Fluency in best practices of mobile/web growth, retention, and monetisation
- Good people skills, able to encourage great work with both extremely creative and methodological people
- A proven track record of leading a team and delivering successful results
- An understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Experience in running effective experiments and feature tests
- A love for language learning
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance with Vitality, and related perks such as 50% off Virgin Active or Nuffield Health Gym memberships
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.