Receptionist (Job Share)
Millions of people are on a language learning journey with Memrise. That’s because we’re obsessed with making it the best, most enriching experience possible. Enabling this to happen is a team of 75 people who speak over 45 languages.
We are now looking for a Receptionist to join our team and would be particularly keen to offer this role as a job share to two people. As the first person people see when they walk through our doors, it'll be your mission to ensure every interaction is as joyful as possible!
Other responsibilities will include:
- Keeping reception tidy, stimulating and inspiring: we'd like it to be a monthly-evolving space and it'll be your job to come up with ideas for how this can be done
- Accepting deliveries (and alerting people when something arrives for them)
- Coordinating and managing meeting room calendars/clashes
- Ordering food supplies for the office - keeping things interesting, healthy and looking into ways to make things more eco-friendly
- Ordering catering for events and managing team lunches
- Ordering cleaning supplies and liaising with the cleaning team
- Assisting in ad hoc office support
- Assisting with events
We're open to your background and ultimately want someone who's exceptionally friendly, organised, proactive and helpful.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with a cover letter telling us why we should hire you!
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.