Customer Support Specialist
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently last year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
Over 40 million users have signed up and we’re growing fast. That’s where you come in. We have ambitious goals and we need people like you to help us achieve them.
We're looking for a Customer Support Specialist to delight our users with their outstanding support.
Your three key responsibilities will be:
- Providing an outstanding customer experience to Memrise users
- Maintaining support capabilities and solving inbound customer issues and tickets
- Funnelling user feedback back to stakeholders in the company
You will do this by:
- Answering and solving inbound Support tickets via our Support system(s)
- Triaging support tickets, categorising them accordingly and raising critical cases to the QA Lead
- Monitoring the Memrise community forum and responding to support related issues
- Monitoring the App Store Reviews and replying to support-related issues
- Collecting information from different channels and raising Jira tickets when necessary
- Liaising with developers and QA analysts to resolve issues
- Processing refunds and solving payment-related cases (such as Disputes)
- Liaising and providing support-related assistance to other internal teams
- Drafting templates, publishing and updating FAQs for our Help page
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience in a customer-facing support role and a customer focused attitude
- Knowledge of help desk software preferred (e.g. HelpShift, Zendesk)
- Knowledge of issue and project tracking software preferred (e.g. Jira)
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication and high levels of proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work autonomously
- An interest in languages and learning would be a bonus, as would be fluency in one or more non-English languages
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- £975 Learning and Development budget for training, conferences and books and learning and development leave
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance with Vitality, and related perks (50% off a Virgin and Nuffield Health Gym memberships)
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Bi-weekly team lunch with Feastly
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: dodgeball, meditation, yoga, football, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.
What’s it like to work here?
Interesting. Fun. Challenging. Serious. Odd. Silly. It just depends on the day, really. But whatever day it is, we love what we do: helping people all around the world learn more about languages, new cultures and each other. They use our app to broaden their minds and horizons. And that feels pretty good.
You’ll join our London team of open-minded, big-hearted, goal-oriented ‘Memrisers’, made up of linguists, developers, designers, marketers and more, all working together to do great things. Get in touch if you want to join the team.