Senior iOS Engineer
Ever wanted to help build and improve a product that actually helps people do useful things?
Here at Memrise we’re building the world’s most joyful language learning app, and you could be a part of it! We have well over 15 million users, a vibrant app and massive plans to improve mobile learning for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate iOS Engineer to join us and help build the world’s greatest language learning app!
This opportunity presents the rare chance to join a startup as it scales from millions to tens of millions of active users, and in doing so make a meaningful impact on how people learn around the world.
You will be very experienced in iOS app development, with a real passion for making user experience amazing. You will get to work with a very talented team of developers, designers and product people, so communication skills are super important as well. As we are a language learning app, an interest in languages will score you loads of extra points!
Ideally we would love for you to have:
- Experience building and maintaining live apps in the App Store.
- A practical, pragmatic and organised approach to development.
- An understanding of how important teamwork is as a project scales.
- Exposure to Agile development processes.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to think in both Swift and Objective-C.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable classes.
- Knowledge of the multithreading options available on iOS.
- Writing unit tests and testable code.
- An understanding of different caching techniques.
- Experience with connecting to a RESTful API.
- Ability to build UIs from Storyboard, Xibs and in code.
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8