Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 55 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re now looking to take Memrise to the next level (Level 3, if you’re asking). The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
As a part of the Product team, you will be working on multiple cross functional, creative, yet user and business minded projects. Your work will communicate the the joy and excitement of language learning with our millions of users.
(£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits & options).
As a Memrise Product Designer you will work on:
- Features from conceptual ideas to final visual design across multiple platforms for web and mobile.
- Design at any stage - from iterating on an existing feature to solving new design problems
- Designing flows and interfaces that are simple, effective and delightful, at award winning level
- Helping product managers and engineers to define the long-term roadmap and short-term improvements for our product
- Developing and improving the design process
You could be great for this role if you:
- Are an expert in visual design, have deep understanding of designing user interaction flows
- Have experience in designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, cultural behaviours etc)
- Have an impressive portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with detailed descriptions of your process, role and contribution
- Can think systematically, establish and follow frameworks, guidelines and patterns
- Enjoy working with other designers in a team environment and raising the design thinking standard throughout the company
- Are familiar with prototyping tools and have a thing for beautiful motion design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent
- Have deep, relevant experience in visual design of digital products that have been released to market.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with a profile and portfolio.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8