Chief Marketing Officer
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 55 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our small, talented marketing team of three people to take Memrise to the next level (Level 3, if you’re asking). The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
We’re looking for a CMO to lead this team and build that brand.
You will lead and grow the Memrise marketing team, and have responsibility for all aspects of our customer acquisition pipeline and CRM. You will be responsible for transmitting the joys of language learning to the broadest possible audience, and helping define and communicate our brand with clarity and magic.
You will make sure that Memrise is unmissable in every important acquisition channel.
- You are a highly analytical thinker who is comfortable with both broad strategic conversations and tactical, detail-oriented execution plans.
- You are utterly addicted to data
- You have a certain Fingerspitzengefühl
- You are action-oriented. You like to roll up your sleeves.
- You are a team builder, interested in managing people and getting the most out of everyone.
- You are a collaborative, mature leader. You can inspire a diverse group of people to behave as one team with a shared mission.
- You communicate candidly, not hiding from difficult conversations.
- You balance great ambition with humility.
Experience & Skills:
- You have a proven track record of building and leading a marketing / growth team for a mass consumer product (ideally as a company scales from 10s to 100s of millions of users).
- You have experience developing and implementing strategies that have driven growth at scale
- You have experience defining metrics to measure success and the systems to track their progress
- You have executed international launches in specific markets for a consumer brand
- You are excited by learning languages and AI
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch with a profile and cover letter!
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to a wildlife park in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8