User Research Intern
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 55 (comprising 37 nationalities).
Memrise is looking for a passionate intern to support our UX Researcher in taking our user research efforts to the next level. This position supports the Product team by organising research and testing to ensure our ideas are validated and aligned against the needs of our users.
What you’ll be busy doing:
- Source participants for user testing sessions using various channels: university-boards, ads, networking, social medias
- Provide suitable profiles both for remote and in-office testing.
- Plan testing schedules suitable for the participants and Memrise teams while building a good rapport with the participants during this communication.
- Ensure that data about the participants is accurate, up-to-date, complete and confidential.
- Ensure that everything is documented correctly during / following the testing sessions.
You should be willing to:
- Find new, imaginative and relevant ways to reach our target audience.
- Help us build Memrise user testing sessions further, by being a user yourself and sharing your ideas to improve the app.
- Try out new methods for user experience research.
You should have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiative and a can-do attitude.
We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks and drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to a wildlife park in the summer sunshine!
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8