Senior iOS Engineer
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 55 (30+ nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our engineering team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join the team! (Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits). Your mission will be to build and improve our iOS app, and to help make Memrise the number one learning app in the Apple store.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- A strong knowledge of current mobile applications, architectures, libraries and good practices
- Fluent in Swift and Objective-C
- A strong focus on testing, preferably experienced with TDD techniques
- Familiar with tools involved in development, quality and delivering iOS applications
- Eager to learn and grow as a mobile developer
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- An eye for detail regarding UI and usability
- Great communication skills
Bonus points for:
- An interest in languages and learning
- Experience with working in cross-platform teams
- An interest in Reactive Programming, ideally experience using RxSwift.
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8