Senior Android Engineer
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 56 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our engineering team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join the team. (Salary £60,000 - £70,000).. Your mission will be to build and improve our Android app, and to help make Memrise the number one learning app in the Play store.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- A deep understanding of the Android platform and best practices
- Commercial experience with Unit tests/Espresso tests
- A belief in clean code and SOLID principles
- Strong software architect, well versed in design patterns (worked with MVP, or MVVM and know the benefits of each. Uses Repositories and Factories patterns)
- Experience of the development process in a high-scale team
- Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams
- Experience estimating work, planning, organising and implementing complex software projects
- Capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Good communication skills.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with RxJava and Dagger2
- An interest in languages and learning
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8