Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 57 (with 30+ nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our Marketing team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning. (£30,000 - £40,000).
Your mission will be to ensure that Memrise’s brand voice is expertly crafted into engaging messages that connect with people across all of our properties: from UX microcopy to content marketing blog posts and press releases. By doing so, you will promote positive associations with our brand that will ultimately help drive awareness, conversion and loyalty. This is a full-time in-house role.
If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Produce creative and SEO friendly content for all of our marketing properties (website, blog and social media)
- Define and oversee use of copywriting guidelines and produce a playbook for internal use
- Provide writing guidance to people across the org that are responsible for writing source copy
- Proofread all copy and messaging, ensuring that it adheres to brand and quality guidelines
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Master of the English language, obsessed with spelling and grammar but you also embrace new ways of using the language
- A background in Journalism, creative writing, branded content copywriting or similar would be useful
- A love for languages in general, and knowledge of at least one other language
- Creative versatility to produce a wide range of copy, from UX microcopy to email newsletters, blog posts and video scripts
- Social media and blogging enthusiast
- Curiosity fuels your creativity: you enjoy figuring out how/what in your copy works or doesn’t and use that to craft even better messages
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately with a CV and cover letter. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8