Marketing Videographer - Full Time
Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months; our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of 57 (with 30+ nationalities).
We’re now looking to build out our Marketing team to take Memrise to the next level. The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
As a full time in-house marketing videographer, your mission will be to instill Memrise in people’s minds as the most creative, knowledgeable and engaging brand in language learning by producing the highest quality and entertaining videos for all our content marketing and wider marketing efforts.
If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Manage all video projects from pre to post production
- Write, develop and pitch creative concepts for content marketing videos
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and produce videos for our app stores and paid ads
- Maintain our YouTube channel and all other video assets.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Outstanding videography skills
- Concept development/visualising, set up and filming and editing
- Confident, proactive and persuasive - not afraid of approaching people and gaining their trust to participate in our videos
- Amazing coordination and time-management skills - you are comfortable managing a team of 1 or 10 people to orchestrate a video production
- Expert in social media and have experience producing content for it
- Accomplished in using the Adobe Creative suite
- Colour grading knowledge
- Knowledge of sound and lighting equipment
- A love for languages in general is a bonus, knowledge of at least one other language preferred
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately with a CV, a cover letter and some links to your work. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8