We’re looking for a Growth Designer with strong visual design skills to take Memrise to the next level.
Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 70, speaking over 40 languages! The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
The Product Designers work across most projects at Memrise - from product prototypes to mobile and web full scale features, from illustrations and animations to aligning the visual language of the product to Memrise brand. The design visualises the joy and excitement of language learning, the speed of iteration and virtuous implementation allows to be creative and dynamic.
You will be part of the Revenue team, working on multiple cross functional, creative, user and business minded projects.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Work on features from conceptual ideas to final visual design across multiple platforms for web and mobile.
- Work on design at any stage - from iterating on an existing feature to solving new design problems
- Design flows and interfaces that are simple, effective and delightful, at award winning level
- Help Product Managers and Engineers to define the long-term roadmap and short-term improvements for our product
- Working closely with the other Designers to improve the design process.
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Expert in visual design, have deep understanding of designing user interaction flows
- Experience in designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, cultural behaviours etc.)
- Can think systematically, establish and follow frameworks, guidelines and patterns
- Enjoy working with other Designers in a team environment and raising the design thinking standard throughout the company
- Are familiar with prototyping tools and have a thing for beautiful motion design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Here’s a flavour of our current design on the Appstore and Google Play. Get in touch if you think you can help us improve!
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8
Closing date: 30th May 2018