Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
Last year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we’ve grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we’re already profitable with a team of around 70 people, speaking over 40 languages! The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
Your mission will be to help drive user engagement by concepting, prototyping, iterating, and creating in-app experiences and flows. Working in passionate and creative cross-functional team, you will play a critical role in delivering on our product vision to help anyone learn and fall in love with a language in a few months.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Work on features from conceptual idea to final visual design across Web, iOS, and Android apps
- Design UX flows and UI interfaces that are simple, effective and delightful, at an award-winning level
- Iterate and improve on existing features based on user research, data, and business goals
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers and PMs to solve complex problems
- Be an active member of the design team by offering constructive feedback at design reviews and contributing to the wider design culture
- Introduce thoughtful design patterns and help build a robust design system with reusable patterns/assets
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Product design experience, designing primarily for native iOS and Android apps
- Strong experience with Sketch
- Strong experience with prototyping tools such as Framer
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience building and evolving design systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Here’s a flavour of our current design on the Appstore and Google Play. Get in touch if you think you can help us improve!
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team language lunches and language lessons. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8
Closing date: 30th May 2018