Senior Product Manager - Engagement
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
Our goal is to become the world’s most entertaining learning app, and to achieve this we need your help. Our Engagement Squad needs a creative and visionary leader who can help the team transform our Product into something irresistibly entertaining and enriching, that will encourage users to learn something new every day. If you’re a Senior Product Manager with a track record of improving retention and engagement in entertainment mobile products, we want to hear from you.
In this job you will
- Lead the Engagement Squad, a team of passionate and dedicated developers, designers and analysts
- Brainstorm, test and implement new ways to engage our users
- Prioritise the work of the Engagement squad to deliver towards a long-term vision
- Provide leadership and help forge a strong team ethic, stay flexible and embrace change
- Employ excellent analytical sense and appropriate experimental methodologies to define, explore and inform solutions to product needs
- Collaborate with other squads to deliver effective work towards the larger product vision
- Meet business objectives and targets while delighting our users
- Deliver autonomous work in great alignment with the needs of the larger organisation
Get in touch if you
- Have a track record of radically improving retention and engagement metrics in entertainment mobile products (ideally games)
- Have a visionary and creative mindset (T-shaped along data, business and tech)
- Have high emotional intelligence and are excellent at management, both upwards and downwards
- Have significant experience in B2C product management
- Are able to encourage great work with both extremely creative and methodological people
- Have a proven track record of leading a team and delivering successful results
- Understand the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Have experience in running effective experiments and feature tests
Nice to Have:
- Capable project manager/producer
- Background in gaming, entertainment or ed-tech
- Have experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Passion for languages and creating new ways to learn them
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Regular Hackathons
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (timewise, plus we have standing desks)
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.