Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
Our goal is to become the world’s most entertaining learning app, and to achieve this we need your help. We’re looking for a Programme Manager to ensure that our teams deliver impactful work, both quickly and of great quality.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Ensuring the seamless coordination between Product teams in order to deliver coherent work
- Provide good flow of information between the Product group and the rest of the business
- Implement lightweight and effective processes to manage delivery, tracking and recording of product changes
- Wherever possible, improve both the speed and quality of the delivery of impactful work
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help deliver the larger product vision
- Meet business objectives and targets while delighting our users
- Deliver autonomous work in great alignment with the needs of the larger organisation
What might you have done in the past?
- Worked within project management and production in an agile, tech environment
- Have had exposure to mobile development and release
- Built up first rate people skills, able to encourage great work while ensuring swift delivery
- Become exceptionally organised, the sort of person who gets genuine satisfaction from seeing lightweight process working like clockwork
We'd be especially interested in:
- Background in gaming, entertainment or ed-tech
- Experience in a B2C company
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment
- Passion for languages and creating new ways to learn them
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch nevertheless. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're, above all, just as interested in character as in talent!
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.