Optimisation Manager (Maternity Cover - 12 month FTC)
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC.
Last year we secured Series B funding and we've been working on exciting new developments that will shape how our brand and products will look in the future. This is where you fit in. We're looking for an Optimisation Manager (12 month FTC maternity cover, part time or full time) to coordinate our experiment pipeline (A/B, multivariate, geographical testing across product and marketing) and help us understand what's working and what isn't. Your mission is to manage the experiment pipeline to ensure that we're making measurable improvement in our offering. Your decisions will impact millions of people, helping them learn a new language.
Who will you be working with?
You’ll be part of the Data Team, a central group of Analysts and Data Scientists that work closely with the rest of Memrise to optimise our offering. Day to day you will also work with product and marketing teams, helping shape their ideas into meaningful experiments. Experience with specific tools is a not a requirement: we’re looking for someone who knows how to set up and assess experiments.
- Act as consultant and mentor to analysts and product managers, ensuring we have a highly actionable experiments
- Manage and improve our experiment process
- Design and later evaluate the outcomes of experiments across product and marketing with analyst support
- Work closely with Product Managers to agree on key metrics and feature evaluation methods
- Work with senior stakeholders to prioritise the experiment plan
- Tell stories with data, communicating our findings in engaging and compelling ways
Ideally you'll have some or all of the following:
- Strong track record of running and analysing results of A/B testing
- A track record of working with data in a fast-paced digital environment
- A good understanding of digital metrics (conversions/retention, funnels, user journeys)
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Knowledge of applying statistical techniques to commercial situations
- Attention to detail
Bonus points for
- Experience of working with an app and app data
- Some complex data manipulation experience in Python, R, SQL or SaaS
- An interest in languages and learning
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
We're open to considering a four day working week for this role.
- Flexible working hours
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Regular Hackathons
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a PureGym membership
- Private health insurance with Fidelity
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.