IT Support Engineer - Contract (Part Time)
Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC.
Last year we secured Series B funding and we've been working on exciting new developments that will shape how our brand and products will look in the future.
As part of our ongoing growth here at Memrise, we are now looking to hire an IT Support Engineer to help our IT Manager to look after our office based in London.
Covering a team of approximately 100 people, you will provide front-line support with technical queries over Slack, emails and ticketing system for both new starters and existing employees and will troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
This is a part-time contract role. We're looking for someone who can work three days a week (£120 - £140 day rate)
In this role you will
We're looking for someone with these skills
- Experience of working with GSuite and Jira
- A working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly MacOS
- Basic networking concepts like NAT and VPN
And these personality traits
- Ability to work independently, roll their sleeves up and take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and great interpersonal communication and friendly manner
- Curious and constantly learning about all things tech
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others
- Is good at Problem Solving, Decision Making, Critical Thinking and Teamwork
- Has excellent attention to detail
We can't offer all the benefits we offer our perm employees but we can offer the following
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Weekly team lunch